Google
 

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Creamy layer in quotas

Recently I was impressed a lot by a judgement given by Supreme Court of India. It’s nothing but the judgement about OBC quota in for higher studies. I was really impressed by the creamy layer given to the quota by excluding son/daughter of rich people and MPs. It’s really a good judgement by Supreme Court as this will give quota only for poor people. Quota based on economical status of a family is most wanted these days. I know one of my friends who is capable of giving lakhs and lakhs of money to get a medical seat. But he used quota system available in the admission and he got a seat through single window system. This seat would have been useful for a poor student. I was thinking for a long time about this and now Supreme Court has put an end to this in OBC quotas. I will be happy if the same system is introduced in all other quota systems. This will improve our economy.

1 comment:

Sameera Ansari said...

That's really nice!Good for the younger generation :)

ss_blog_claim=fb716f69c08db92163277912feb24b94